Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Scrumptious Southern Summers

In case you don't know, summer has officially begun for me!! I'm so glad to have this time to spend with family and friends (and to catch up on a little sleep). Two things have happened so far this summer that I am very excited about:

1. The farmer's market is open every Friday from 3-6 pm here in downtown Laurel. We got some awesome homemade bread (thanks Dawn) and some yummy Muscadine jelly to make toast with on Saturday morning. We also had blueberry lemonade, which was delicious, and got a few fresh cucumbers. I will definitely be going back every Friday from now until summer if over.



2. We went on a camping trip with a bunch of our friends from our bible study group. I mean like real, in a tent, no A/C, bug-biting, pee in the woods, camping. Well we did get to walk up a hill to use the restroom but you get my point. We had the BEST time, and some of the BEST food ever. My favorite part of the trip was hanging out around the campfire eating kabobs, grilled corn, chicken, stuffed bell peppers, squash, and of course - SMORES!! I can't wait to go camping again!! And of course we were too hot and having way too much fun to take pics on this trip so you'll just have to imagine us "roughing it". And apparently imagining me roughing it is funny to some people and I don't know why - you know who you are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment