Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Love Auctions!

We had an auction today at church to benefit some upcoming mission trips to Chicago and Uganda. I loved it!!! I've been to some auctions before, but I've never participated in the bidding before - I think I could get addicted. I won a gift certificate to get a spray tan. I've never had one before, but I'm excited to get it done. I also won an old gossip chair that I'm going to paint and recover for my classroom. I think it's going to be a real fun piece. I'll post pics of it later when I get it finished. My absolute most favorite item that I won was a cross that our pastor's wife, Shauna Stockstill, creates using old wood, curly wire, and beads. These crosses are gorgeous!!! I've always wanted one, and I finally got one. Below is a picture...it's even more beautiful in person. I can't wait til' my next auction (I probably need to let my pocketbook rest though!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how much fun was that..i could go BROKE!!!!!!!

Casey Watts said...

Tell me about it!!!!

Post a Comment