Monday, August 2, 2010

Belts

Well, Saturday I went shopping to buy Kennedy some belts and some bows. These were the last two things on our back to school shopping list, and I thought I would be able to get these - No problem. Boy, was I wrong. Well, I found bows...after paying about $60 for 5 of them. Belts, however, I could not find. Not any really. Children's place had some funky shiny belts that wouldn't match anything she owns, and places had boy dress belts that would have looked hideous on her. I mean I just wanted a simple brown or white belt. I didn't think this was too hard. After going to just about every store in Laurel and Hattiesburg, I saw a belt in a pair of pants. It was one of those ribbon belts, and my mom said "Hey, you can buy the metal rings to make those at the fabric store." Thank you, mother, for always thinking about how to do something yourself. Soooo, I went to the fabric store, bought rings and ribbon, and, VOILA, we have belts. I've made 10 so far. You might think it sounds excessive for a 4 year old to have ten belts, but I love making them. It only takes about two minutes to make one, and then I have a finished product. I love finished products!!

2 comments:

Dawn Trest said...

LOVE THESE!!! They are so stinkin' cute!

Casey Watts said...

Thanks!!

Post a Comment